There is no second thought is saying that a cat’s first love is fish. It’s not only because of the taste but because of the wholesome benefit of fish that cats are inbuilt to like and love it. The taste buds of a cat are very sensitive towards the taste of fish and this is one reason why they prefer fish than any other meat.
The preference for fish in cats is like that of humans, all cats do not like a particular type of fish. Well here we will talk about salmon in particular and discuss the health benefits of it.
Salmon is a healthy wholesome food for your dear feline friend; it is loaded with vitamins, protein and minerals and of course Omega 3 fatty acids; thus providing a bundle of health benefits to the kitty.
- Cats those are fighting with severe diseases like FIP, FIV and cancer need more Omega 6 fatty acid to survive long.
- If you want your cat to develop a strong immune system to fight with fleas, ticks and dermatitis infection then fish must be a part of its daily diet.
- Omega 6 fatty acid helps the cat fight with diseases like arthritis, glomerulonephritis and any kind of inflammation in the body.
- The cat is benefited with healthy skin and strong joint with the regular intake of salmon
- Omega fatty acid leads to strong immune system, neurological development, and proper fat metabolism.
- It makes the cat’s heart strong and strengthens all arteries as well
How does Omega fatty acid works in cats?
Both Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids get absorbed into the cell membrane of the cat when they consume fish. When the cell membrane is damaged due to any reason, there is an inflammation which leads to the release of Omega fatty acids that consequently fights against all types of inflammation, allergy, diseases, arthritis. In such instances Omega 3 fatty acids benefits a pet more to fight against these health conditions.
Note: Never give cat canned fish as it has salt in it. Buy fresh fish, wash it, boil it and then give.